Peanut Butter Fudge Truffles
A special “Thanks!” to Chef AJ. This tasty recipe is from her book “Unprocessed”.
NOTE: This recipe requires overnight preparation.
For the Date Paste
Soak the dates in the water/non-dairy milk, until soft enough to blend. Once soaked, blend in a blender until smooth.
For the Truffles
- 1 cup ‘salt and sugar’ free peanut butter
- 1 cup of date paste prepared as above (the rest can be stored in the refrigerator)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Some chopped roasted peanuts
Place the nut butter, date paste, cacao powder and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade and process until all the ingredients are incorporated well, scraping down the sides if necessary.
Slowly add in milk, a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until firm. Place chopped peanuts in a shallow bowl.
Using a small retractable cookie scoop, drop truffles into chopped peanuts and coat evenly.
For a lower fat version, substitute cooked cannellini beans for some of the nut butter.