One pot Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups (480 ml) original unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups (307 gm) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) melted coconut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp (320 gm) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups (360 gm) date paste
- 1 cup (96 gm) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176 C) and line 2, 8-inch round cake pans or one large rectangular pan with the parchment paper.
- Mix the almond milk and vinegar in a large mixing bowl, and set for a few minutes to activate. Add the coconut butter, vanilla extract, and applesauce and beat until foamy. Mix date paste.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a sifter and slowly sift over the wet ingredients while mixing with a hand-held or stand mixer. If you don’t have a sifter, simply mix dry ingredients in another bowl and add to the wet mixture while beating. Beat until no large lumps remain. It should be creamy and pourable. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed, adding more date paste if desired.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 cake pans or rectangular pan.
- Bake them for 30-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving.