This is a delicious summertime salad. Make this a day before you plan to serve it, to allow the flavours to blend.
- 6 cups cooked and cooled whole wheat pasta (or any whole-grain pasta)
- 1 cup tofu mayonnaise / cashew mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Unrefined salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
Prepare dressing by mixing mayonnaise with mustard, salt and pepper. Keep aside. In a large mixing bowl, place the pasta, vegetables and herbs and toss to combine. Gently toss the dressing with the salad. Refrigerate for two hours or overnight. Serve.
You may use any vegetables of choice.