This is a delicious summertime salad. Make this a day before you plan to serve it to allow the flavours to blend.
- 6 cups (cooked) whole wheat elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 cup tofu mayonnaise/ cashew mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp fresh dill
- a dash of salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the tofu mayonnaise, musturd and mix well. Add the seasonings and stir to combine. Set aside. Add the chopped vegetables to the cooked macaroni, mix and add the mayonnaise mixture. Toss gently to combine. Refrigerate before serving.
Use other vegetables as desired in this salad. Small broccoli florets are a nice addition.