Cucumber Summer Rolls with Ginger Peanut Sauce (Raw)
This recipe was demonstrated by Lisa Pitman during her Eating without Heating demos in India.
Ingredients for rolls
- 8 leaves of lettuce (any variety with soft leaves, e.g. butterhead)
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup beetroot, shredded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Ingredients for sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 kefir lime leaf
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 date, pitted
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
Arrange lettuce leaves on a flat surface. Evenly distribute cucumber, carrot, beet, onion and herbs among the 8 leaves.
Roll up the lettuce leaves. Let them rest, seam side down.
Serve with dipping sauce on the side.