Spicy Warm Salad
By Vaidehi Mody on Pre-Diwali Potluck, Mumbai
- ½ cup cauliflower florets, steamed until tender
- ½ cup cut French beans (1″ pieces), steamed until tender
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- ½ cup julienned green capsicum
- 1 large red tomato, chopped
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 tbsp micro-greens, for the garnish
For the Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- ½ cup tamarind pulp
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp date paste
- Unrefined salt to taste
For the dressing, blend all the ingredients together with a few tablespoons of water, until smooth and creamy.
Take a large bowl and place all the salad ingredients (while the steamed vegetables are still warm). Pour the peanut dressing over, enough to thickly coat the vegetables. Garnish with micro-greens.
Serve with oodles of love.