Rainbow Salad with Creamy Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
This colourful and healthy salad is sure to get your taste buds popping.
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup grated yellow or orange pumpkin
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
For the Dressing
- ½ cup crumbled silken tofu
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp date paste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp unrefined salt (or to taste)
For the Garnish
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, optional
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, optional
Place salad ingredients like a rainbow as shown in the photo or combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and chill for an hour. Blend all the dressing ingredients in a blender with a little water to obtain a smooth consistency. Serve the dressing on the side or toss the salad with the dressing and garnish with chopped parsley and sunflower seeds. Serve.
You may use any vegetables of choice like green peas, celery, spring onion, radish, green or yellow zucchini, etc.