- 300 g firm tofu
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- ½ tsp unrefined salt
- 2-3 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, for the garnish
Crumble the tofu. Heat a heavy-bottomed stainless-steel pan. Roast the onion in the pan until light golden in colour. Add tomatoes and continue to roast on medium heat, for about 2 minutes. Add the turmeric powder, unrefined salt and green chillies and cook for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm.
Add chopped mushrooms, zucchini, any coloured bell pepper or any other vegetable of your choice.
Replace coriander leaves with parsley for a more western flavour.