- ½ cup (heaping) rolled oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened non dairy milk of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flaxmeal
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- handful of chopped dried figs, dates, raisins
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp date paste
Whisk together all the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.
Variation- You can add flavorings of your choice like lemon zest, orange zest, cinnamon. cardamom, saffron etc.
If you add chopped dried fruits you can avoid the date paste as well.