Oil Free Pakoras
Want to be healthy and still eat Pakoras? Well now you can have your pakora and eat it too!
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 medium sized unpeeled carrot, thickly grated
- 1 medium sized green bell pepper (capsicum), julienned
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh red chillies (green chillies optional)
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
Mix all ingredients together. If required, add very little water to make a dough. Since the vegetables release water, you may not need water.
Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Heat water in an idli steamer. Scoop a tablespoonful of the dough into each well of an idli mould, place in the steamer and steam for 10 minutes, or until dry. Unmould and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn each pakora over and bake again until evenly golden on both sides.
Serve with green chutney or date-tamarind chutney.