Creamy Potato Pumpkin Soup
This recipe was contributed by Ms. Rupali Shah (adapted from recipe by Ms. Gina Matsoukas)
- 1 large unpeeled potato, chopped and steamed for 5-6 minutes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped unpeeled ginger
- ½ cup unpeeled pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond milk (or any other nut milk)
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Sauté the potato, onion, garlic and ginger till the onion and potato are soft (this step can be avoided and all ingredients transferred to a blender directly, but this step gives the soup an added flavour).
Add all the other ingredients (except coriander).to a blender. Blend till you have a smooth paste. Transfer to a saucepan and bring the soup to a boil. Pour into bowls, adjust salt and pepper, garnish with coriander leaves. You can add a sliver of almond on top for added crunch.