Photo by Mona Irfan
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat, add mushrooms, onion, garlic and tofu. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the water from the tofu and mushrooms have nearly evaporated.
2. Cool the mixture for about 5 minutes.
3. Place in a blender or a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
4. Transfer to a bowl. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator.
5. Serve with whole grain bread, bread sticks or use as a spread in a wrap.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days.