- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dates pitted, tightly packed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (roasted or raw)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (ground or whole)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/4 cup date paste
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- Toast oats and almonds in the oven at 350 degree F for 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl. Add seeds and set aside.
- Warm date paste, coconut butter and peanut or almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oats mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout. Use a spoon or your hands to thoroughly mix.
- Transfer to an 8×8 dish or any other small pan lined with parchment paper so that they can be taken out easily.
- Cover with parchment paper and press down firmly with something flat, such as a book, to get them really packed tight. This will help them from being crumbly. Chill in the fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove the slab from the dish and cut neatly into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days.