- ½ kg cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 2 tbsp cumin (jeera) powder
- Unrefined salt to taste
- ⅛ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
Mix all the powders well. Reserve 2 tbsp of the powder mix and mix the remaining into the cauliflower. Steam the cauliflower. Mix the remaining powders separately with a little water and heat this mixture in a pan until it bubbles up and becomes fragrant. Pour over the vegetables and serve.
Try the same recipe with any vegetable you may like.