- ½ kg cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 2 tbsp cumin (jeera) powder
- Unrefined salt to taste
- ⅛ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ¼ tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves (optional – to garnish)
Mix all the powders well. Reserve 2 tbsp of the powder mix and mix the remaining into the cauliflower. Steam the cauliflower. Mix the remaining powders separately with a little water and cook this mixture in a pan, along with the onion, tomato and coconut, until the gravy bubbles up and becomes fragrant. Pour over the vegetables, garnish with coriander leaves (optional) and serve.
Try the same recipe with any vegetable you may like.