Sandras Yummy Granola
- 9 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup large ribbon unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup pitted dates or date pieces
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whiz wet ingredients together and add to dry ingredients.
- Mix well and spread on cookie sheets ½” thick.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for 90 minutes, stirring every 30 minutes until golden and almost dry.
- Turn the oven off and leave pans in oven to dry completly. (If desired, substitute rolled rye or barley for 2 cups rolled oats).
- Store granola in an air tight container.
Hint: Place pans of granola in an oven on lowest setting (170 degrees C) and leave it overnight. In the morning the granola would be absolutely perfect with no stirring needed. A painless way to make granola, and no burning when you forget to stir!
If you like granola chunkier use only 8 cups oats.
The wetter the mixture the chunkier (add more banana)
Lots of sweetness from the bananas
Use dates – nothing refined, no brown sugar or oil
Have a good blender handy when you cook this way