Coriander & Mint Chutney
Green coriander and mint flavoured chutney is great as a sandwich spread. Mint adds freshness to this chutney. The addition of lemon juice enhances the flavours of mint and coriander leaves and prevents discolouration of the greens.
- 3 cups chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp shredded raw mango (optional)
- ½ tsp crushed fresh green garlic (optional)
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 4-6 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
Combine all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste in a blender, using very little water. Refrigerate and use as required, within 3-4 days.