Whole Wheat Pasta Primavera
- 1 packet penne pasta
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Arrange vegetables on the baking tray and roast 15 minutes in the preheated oven until tender.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked; drain.
In a bowl, toss squash, zucchini, carrot, red bell pepper, tomatoes and green beans with sea salt, pepper, lemon juice and oregano. In a large skillet fry the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Mix in cooked pasta, lemon zest, basil, parsley and balsamic vinegar. Gently toss and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with roasted vegetables and serve.