Vegan Chocolate Brownie
This egg free, wheat free and dairy free brownie is delicious and simple to make.
- 300 gm dark cooking chocolate (Vegan)
- 100 gm jaggery
- 50 gm chickpea flour (besan)
- 100 gm whole rice flour (or optionally wheat flour)
- 50 gm fine corn rice (polenta)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp cashew butter
- 300 ml plant – based milk (soy / rice/ almond)
- 100 gm walnuts
Break the chocolate in small pieces and put it in a saucepan with a bit of a vegan milk. Let it melt in a bain – marie.
Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients, vegan milk and cashew butter. Add the melted chocolate slowly. The batter should be a little thicker than cake batter. Pour the mixture into a pre-greased cake tray. Cook at 180 – 200 degrees C for about 30 minutes. Test by inserting a fork to check if it’s ready. If the fork comes out clean, it’s ready. Cool. Cut when it has cooled completely.