Vegan Chocolate Brownie
This egg free, wheat free and dairy free brownie is delicious and simple to make.
- 300 g vegan dark cooking chocolate
- 300 ml plant–based milk (soy milk / rice milk / almond milk)
- 100 g jaggery
- 50 g chickpea flour (or besan)
- 100 g whole rice flour (or alternatively, wheat flour)
- 50 g fine corn rice (polenta)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp cashew butter
- 100 g walnuts
Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a saucepan with a bit of a vegan milk. Let it melt in a bain–marie (double boiler).
Meanwhile, mix the rest of the ingredients together. Add the melted chocolate slowly. The batter should be slightly thicker than cake batter. Pour the mixture into a parchment lined cake tin. Bake in the oven at 180 ºC – 200 ºC for about 30 minutes. Insert a fork to check if it’s ready. If the fork comes out clean, it’s ready. Cool. Cut when it has cooled completely.
This recipe contains jaggery and is not suitable for those who are working on disease reversal.