Saunth Pak Balls (Makes 5 balls)
Ginger is well known for treating many digestive and respiratory ailments. It is excellent for common cold, cough and seasonal flu.
- 2 tbsp bajra (pearl millet) flour
- 2 tsp saunth (dry ginger powder)
- 3-4 large dates
- ¼ tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
- 1 tbsp finely crushed pistachios, for the coating
- Dry roast bajra flour on a low-medium heat until fragrant. Allow it cool and keep aside.
- Wash and dry the dates. Mash them well using your hands.
- Mix in the saunth powder and roasted bajra flour.
- Add cardamom and nutmeg powder and mix well until you have a dough.
- Divide the dough into 5-6 portions and roll into balls. Coat the balls by rolling them in the crushed pistachios. Serve & enjoy!
Amaranth (rajgira) / wheat / jowar (sorghum) / ragi (finger millet) flour can be used instead of bajra flour.
You may adjust the amount of saunth if you prefer a spicier ginger flavour.
Traditionally it is made without any flour, but to counter the sharpness of ginger flour has been added.
Storage / Shelf Life
At room temperature for up to 10-15 days.