One pot Millet Risotto
- 1 cup any choice of millets, soaked for 4-6 hours
- 1/2 cup sliced vegetables of choice like zucchini, red peppers, carrot etc
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1.5 cups pureed/diced tomatoes
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (provides the cheesy/creamy taste)
- 1/2 tbsp Miso, mixed with 1/2 tbsp water
- 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
Place soaked millet into medium sized pot with a lid, on high heat. Add basil and oregano and stir well until millet is coated with the herb.
Now add in the minced garlic and reduce heat to low-medium. Cook for 1 minute and add in the tomatoes, vegetables, non-dairy milk, water, nutritional yeast, miso and salt. Stir well and bring to a gentle boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
Cook, covered (with a bit of air escaping) for 30-35 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so and be careful as to not burn the jowar at the bottom of the pot.
The mixture should be creamy, but not soupy and the millet should be very chewy and not mushy. Serve immediately.
4 side dishes and makes 2 cups worth.