Be different this Diwali
Most people do the same things during Diwali, but times are changing and we can change with the times!
Discover some ways to make this festive season even more memorable…
1) Abandon crackers this Diwali. Crackers cause pollution, harm and frighten animals, cause injuries, support child labour and burn up money!
2) Gather a few kids and go through the story of Ramayana with them.
3) Visit an old age home or an orphanage, and light up someone’s life.
4) Make healthy sweets this festive season, get that burst of energy back!
5) Contribute to an animal welfare organisation this year and gift life and love to animals
6) Make a pledge to do something unusual till next Diwali. It’s empowering. For example, not buying any new clothes or not eating fried foods or teaching English to the helper’s children or reducing Whatsapp or Facebook time etc.
7) Reconnect to nature. Head to the beach or the park as a family and enjoy the simple pleasures that life brings.
8) Play fun games with your friends and family..
9) Ponder upon the symbolism of Diwali. It signifies victory of good over evil. Light represents knowledge.What is the significance of all this in your life?
10) Give your helper a holiday and as a family get together and clean up the house and cook the healthy meal together.
11) Share your healthy meals with the watchmen, drivers and the lift-guys. Sparkle somebody’ else’s life with your gestures.
12) Make it a gift-less Diwali….do we really need anything?
13) Sow seeds. Grow trees.