Welcome Drink – Jal Jeera
- 1 tbsp seedless tamarind – for a more pronounced sourness, you can add ½ tbsp more of tamarind.
- 3/4 cup mint leaves/pudina patta
- 1/2 cup packed chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 1 or 1.5 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 tsp fennel seeds/saunf
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 or 1 tsp amchur/dry mango powder
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- black salt or rock salt as required
Rinse the mint leaves and the tamarind ball. First blend all the ingredients in ½ or ¾ cup water till smooth. Then strain through a strainer.
Add 3-4 cups of chilled water to the strained mixture or as required. Keep in the fridge or serve chilled jaljeera.