Vegan Potato Pancakes
- 1-1/2 pounds (700 gm) potatoes, grated with peel.
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ketchup, optional
- vegan sour cream, optional
Place potatoes in a colander and set over a large bowl. Using your hands, squeeze out excess liquid. Pour off liquid and place potatoes in bowl. Add onion, parsley, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and mix well.
In a large skillet over medium heat. Take a heaping tablespoon of batter and flatten it. Make three or four more potato pancakes this way and add to skillet without crowding the pan. Cook until golden brown on both the sides, turning once, for about 8 minutes total.
Repeat with remaining potato mixture. Place cooked potato pancakes on a baking tray, then transfer to an oven and keep warm in oven until all the pancakes are cooked. Serve with ketchup or vegan sour cream.