- 4 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 8 big ripe red tomatoes boiled and pureed
- 10/12 ladies fingers
- 10/12 string beans (guvar)
- 1 big potato, cut into pieces
- 10/12 pieces of drumstick
- 5/6 kokum petals or 1 tbsp tamarind water
- 2 green chilies
- 1 inch piece ginger
- salt to taste
- a few mint leaves for garnishing
Roast the besan and add 3 cups water to it. If the besan does not mix easily use a blender or sieve it. To this add the tomato puree and boil. Then start adding the vegetables first the drumstick and string beans and after 5 minutes, potatoes and last ladies fingers. Add kokum or tamarind water. Add salt as per taste.
Season with mustard seeds, green chili, ginger and garnish with lots of mint leaves (instead of coriander leaves).