- 6 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion seeds (kalonji) / cumin (jeera) seeds
- ⅛ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 – 2 green chillies, slit, de-seeded and cut into large bits
- 5 – 6 curry leaves
- Unrefined salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp whole wheat flour (optional)
Add onion seeds/cumin seeds to a heated saucepan. When the cumin crackles and releases a roasted aroma, add the asafoetida. Add green chillies, curry leaves, then tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and cook. If you would like it a bit thicker, add the wheat flour.
Serve with parathas.