Tom Yum Soup
- 1 tsp roughly chopped galangal
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1” long pc lemongrass stalk
- 8 button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cups water
- 1 medium tomato, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- 1 spring onion, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 fresh red chilli, sliced into thin rounds
- Unrefined salt to taste (keep it low since soy sauce has salt)
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
Roughly crush the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves, to allow the juices to release. Boil the galangal, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and mushrooms with water in a deep pan. Add tomato and spring onions. Cook for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Add lemon juice, chilli flakes, red chilli rounds, salt and soy sauce.
Garnish with a green chilli or coriander leaves before serving.