The Complete Meal Salad
- salad greens of your choice – lettuce, rucola, etc.
- herbs of your choice – dill, parsely, basil, spring onions
- chopped red vegetables of your choice – red capsicum, tomatoes, red cabbage
- chopped yellow and orange vegetables of your choice – yellow capsicum, carrots
- onions thinly sliced (optional)
- boiled potatoes, cubed
- chickpeas soaked overnight, boiled and cooled
- 2 tbsp of date paste
- 1-2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- juice of 3 limes
- 1 tsp salt
- a little water
- pepper to taste
Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients together and toss over the salad and serve.
The chickpeas and potatoes are what makes the salad filling. The chickpeas can be replaced with other beans – butter beans, boiled kidney beans, etc.
The potatoes can be replaced with boiled sweetcorn kernels, sweet potato or even steamed green beans, steamed cubed beetroot or whole wheat bread croutons etc.