The Complete Meal Salad
- 1 cup salad greens of choice (lettuce, rucola, etc.)
- ¼ cup mixed fresh herbs of choice (dill, parsely, basil, spring onions)
- ½ cup chopped red vegetables of choice (red capsicum, tomatoes, red cabbage)
- ½ cup chopped yellow and orange vegetables of choice (yellow capsicum, carrots)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onions (optional)
- ¼ cup cubed steamed potatoes
- ¼ cup cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup whole-wheat bread croutons
- 2 tbsp of date paste
- 1-2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 tsp unrefined salt (or to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Black pepper powder to taste
Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad, toss and serve.
The chickpeas can be replaced with other cooked beans – butter beans, kidney beans, etc.
The potatoes can be replaced with any steamed vegetables like sweetcorn kernels, sweet potato, green beans, beetroot, etc.