Thai Layered Dip
- 1 cup grated unpeeled carrots
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves and mint leaves
- 1 cup moong sprouts, tossed with salt and pepper (kali mirch) powder
- 1 tbsp toasted unpolished sesame seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp unrefined salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper (kali mirch) powder
For the Peanut/Almond Butter Sauce
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 2” piece fresh unpeeled ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp water, or more if required
Make the nut butter sauce by blending all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the spiciness, tanginess and sweetness as per your taste. Add more water to blend to a dip-like consistency.
In a bowl, layer the carrots, peanut butter sauce, salsa, coriander and mint leaves, sprouts, sesame seeds, lemon juice, salt and pepper powder. Warm in the oven at 160 °C for 5 to 10 minutes, if needed (optional).
Serve with crackers, oil free chips or carrots, celery, cucumber, any other vegetables.