Indian Stuffed Tomatoes
- 6 tomatoes (firm, red and medium-sized)
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- ⅓ cup or 50 g groundnuts soaked for 4 hours in 1 cup water and drained
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp cumin (jeera) powder
- 1 tbsp date paste (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup mix of finely shredded vegetables like cabbage, carrots, etc, for the garnish
- 1 tbsp dill leaves, for the garnish
Cut tomatoes in half and scoop out the flesh. Rub salt on the inner rim and set aside to drain. Crush the soaked groundnuts until coarse (you may use a blender to pulse the groundnuts) and mix the remaining ingredients (except the items for the garnish). Stuff the tomatoes with the groundnut mixture. Spread the grated vegetables on a serving platter, place the stuffed tomatoes on top and garnish with dill leaves. Serve.
You may substitute groundnuts with grated carrots or crushed corn.