Please read the method first as the sprouts should be made ahead.
- 50 g whole moong (green gram)
- 50 g whole brown lentils (masoor)
- 100 g raw peanuts with skin on
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 50 g fenugreek seeds (methi dana)
- 250 g finely shredded white cabbage
- 200 g julienned carrot
- 100 g julienned beetroot
- 150 g raisins
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens, for the garnish
For the Dressing
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tsp cumin (jeera) powder
- 10 ml soy sauce
- Unrefined salt to taste
Separately sprout the moong and lentils for 2-3 days and the sesame and fenugreek for 2 days. Soak the peanuts overnight in double the quantity of water. Drain and rinse. Soak the raisins for ½ an hour in just enough water to cover. Drain and save the soaking water.
Place the sprouted moong, lentils, fenugreek and sesame seeds along with the peanuts, vegetables and raisins in a mixing bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
For the dressing, in a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, soy sauce, cumin powder and the saved raisin water. Pour over the salad. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve.