Pumpkin, Mushroom with Cubed Cheese and Rocket
- 1 kg unpeeled pumpkin, cubed
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- ½ tsp black pepper (kali mirch) powder
- 8-10 sage leaves
- 300 g button mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 150 g shreddable cheese, cubed
- 250 g rocket, watercress or blanched spinach
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted unpolished sesame seeds
Steam the pumpkin until half cooked. Add salt, pepper powder and sage leaves and mix. Spread the mixture in a parchment lined baking dish and roast in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes, or until it looks roasted, with a bit of colour.
Cut the mushrooms into large slices and stir ‘fry’ (without oil) in a pan with chopped garlic, salt, pepper powder and mixed herbs for 2 minutes.
Arrange the pumpkin and mushrooms with the cheese, rocket, watercress/spinach and sage leaves on a platter. Add balsamic vinegar and sprinkle roasted sesame seeds. Serve.