Pad Thai Salad
This recipe was demonstrated by Lisa Pitman during her Eating without Heating demos in India.
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 medium red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 cup red cabbage, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely sliced
- ¼ cup raw peanuts, finely chopped
- ½ to 3/4 cup water
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 large dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
In a large bowl combine the salad ingredients, except the raw peanuts and fresh herbs.
In a blender combine the dressing ingredients starting with only ½ cup of water but adding more, if needed, to blend into a smooth dressing.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Garnish with raw peanuts and fresh herbs.