Pad Thai Salad
This recipe was demonstrated by Lisa Pitman during her Eating without Heating demos in India.
- 2 medium sized zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium sized carrot, julienned
- 2 medium sized red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 cup julienned red cabbage
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely sliced
- ¼ cup raw peanuts, finely chopped
For the Dressing
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 large dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- ½ – ¾ cup water
In a large bowl, mix together the salad ingredients, except the raw peanuts and fresh herbs.
In a blender, take all the dressing ingredients together and blend, adding ½ cup of water, (more if required), to obtain a smooth dressing.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Garnish with raw peanuts and fresh herbs.