One pot Tomato Spinach Spaghetti
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bundle spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 pack. thin spaghetti noodles (whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup raw cashew cheese, plus extra for serving
- For serving: 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil or parsley (optional)
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes, until tender and the liquid from the mushrooms has been mostly cooked off.
- Add garlic and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using) and saute another 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to high, then add tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti noodles and stir until they wilt and fit in the pot. Cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes. (Your liquid should be at a low boil this whole time.)
- Remove lid and add fresh spinach, a couple of handfuls at a time, stirring to get the spinach mixed in and wilted.
- Remove from heat and let spaghetti sit, covered, for a few minutes.
- Stir in cheese, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with fresh basil or parsley and extra cheese, if desired.