- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- ½ cup fresh green fenugreek leaves (methi), finely chopped
- ¾ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dry date (kharek) powder
- ½ tsp red chilli paste
- ½ tsp paste of unpeeled ginger
- ¼ tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 2 tsp unpolished sesame powder (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp unrefined salt
Mix all the ingredients, adding a few drops of water if needed, to make a dough. Divide into equal portions and shape them into little rolls. Steam in a steamer. It’s ready when a fork inserted in the centre comes out clean. Moreover, it will be easy to take them off the steamer plate. Cool and serve.
Replace fenugreek leaves with grated bottle gourd or pumpkin.