- ½ kg mixed vegetables (beans, unpeeled carrots, unpeeled potatoes and peas), cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
For the Tempering
- 1 tsp mustard (rai) seeds
- ⅛ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 dry red chilli, broken
- ½ tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
Steam the mixed vegetables, taking care not to overcook, so that the colours are vibrant (takes about 5-7 minutes). In a heated pan, add mustard seeds. When they sputter, turn the heat off and add asafoetida, red chilli and turmeric powder and dry roast. Once the mixture is fragrant, turn the heat back on. Add curry leaves and the steamed vegetables, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and fresh coconut. Mix well. Take off from the heat. Serve hot.
Use only 1 vegetable or mixed veggies of your choice. They can also be grated instead of chopped.