Mediterranean Eggplant Salad With Yogurt Dressing
- 4 cucumbers
- 2-3 long thin eggplant
- salt, red chili powder, dry mango powder (to taste)
- dried oregano or lebanese seasoning (zataar) (optional)
- a few sprigs of fresh chopped mint leaves (optional)
- handful of pumpkin seeds
- handful of broken cashew nuts
- black sesame seeds for sprinkling
- ½ cup peanut rice milk curd
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- rock salt to taste
- lemon juice to taste
Slice eggplant, add salt, red chili powder, raw mango powder, dried oregano and roast evenly on both the sides till lightly roasted. Mix curd, garlic, salt, mint leaves and lemon juice in a bowl. Cut cucumbers using spiralizer or julienne peeler. In a serving bowl, place cucumber juliennes, prepared eggplant slices, pour yogurt dressing, sprinkle pumpkin seeds, broken cashews and black sesame seeds.
If using lebanese seasoning (zataar), omit raw mango powder as the salad may become very sour.
Variation: You can grate cucumber instead of making juliennes.