Millet Oats Crackers
- 100 g sorghum (jowar) flour
- 100 g oat flour
- ½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 1” pc unpeeled ginger, grated
- ¼-½ cup coconut/oat/rice milk, for kneading
- ½ tsp dry herbs like thyme, rosemary, parsley – as per choice
- 1 tsp unpolished sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
Knead the jowar flour with carom seeds, ½ tsp salt, ginger and sufficient coconut milk to make a dough. Knead the oat flour separately with sufficient coconut milk, dry herbs of your choice, sesame seeds and salt, into a dough.
Roll out each dough into a 2–3 mm thick chapatti and cut lengthwise into cracker shapes. Bake them in the preheated oven at 180 °C on a parchment lined baking tray for 20-30 minutes, or until crisp.
Serve with dips or chutneys of your choice.
Sorghum flour may be replaced with ragi, amaranth or any other flour.