This versatile recipe lends itself to your creativity. Personally I find it heavy but I found that many in the workshops love it. Its healthy, filling and most importantly tasty.
- 4 tbsp roasted whole sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tbsp dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Grind lightly the roasted sesame seeds, and mix with the other ingredients. Roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Cool and serve.
- Sesame can be replaced with nuts like cashews or peanuts that are lightly crushed.
- Tahini may be replaced with other nut butters.
- Dates can be replaced with raisins, apricots and figs.
Makes about 18 – 24 balls.