Grain Free Papdi Chaat
- 250 g unpeeled sweet potatoes, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 2 medium-sized unpeeled potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 medium-sized unpeeled carrot, thickly grated
- ⅛ tsp black pepper (kali mirch) powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp date tamarind chutney
- 1 tbsp green chutney
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
Steam potatoes and sweet potatoes together for 10-12 minutes.
Take one potato and coarsely mash with the sweet potatoes, pepper powder, coriander leaves and salt to mix well. Slice the other potato into thin round slices.
On a plate, arrange the potato slices like papdi and top with the mashed mixture. Garnish with chopped tomato and the two chutneys. Sprinkle the grated carrot on top, which resembles sev. Drizzle lemon juice, if you like it tangy. Serve immediately.