This simple Spanish summer soup is easy to prepare and is full of fresh veggies.
- 3 cups tomato juice (made by blanching tomatoes and running them through a blender. Do not sieve)
- 1 – 2 spring onions , minced
- 1 green capsicum (bell pepper), minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium-sized cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp minced fresh basil
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- A dash of hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Blend all the ingredients together, except 1/3 of the diced cucumber, capsicum and spring onions, which should be used as a garnish. Chill and serve cold.