The eternal sweet dish that’s a must for an auspicious occasion.
- 1 cup broken wheat (fada)
- 10-12 dates, pitted and soaked
- 10-12 raisins, soaked
- 5-6 whole cardamom (elaichi)
- 2 cups water plus some more to blend
- ½ cup chopped dry fruits and nuts of your choice
Blend dates, raisins and cardamom in a blender. Add water as required to make a fine paste. Boil 2 cups of water. Dry roast the broken wheat. In a saucepan, mix the date and raisin paste with roasted broken wheat. Add some of the boiling hot water, stir and bring to a boil on medium heat. Keep adding boiled water to this mixture, according to your requirement. Keep stirring until it’s cooked.
Garnish with your choice of dry fruits and nuts before serving.