Chilla or Pudlas or Pesarattu
- 1 cup whole moong, soaked overnight OR
- 1 cup whole chana, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp grated cabbage
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 or 2 green chilies, finely cut
- salt to taste
Grind moong dal or chana to a fine paste. Add salt to taste. Make as dosa, there is no need for fermentation. Mix vegetables either into the batter or when chilla is made, rub green chutney on it and add mix vegetables. Roll and cut into pieces. Serve as stuffed chilla.
Dhoklas can also be made with the same batter. Mix vegetables into the batter. Pour into plate. Steam and cut into cuboids. Serve with chutney.
A variety of vegetables like grated pumpkin, raddish, gourds, sprouts can be used as the stuffing or mixed in the batter.