- 1 cup chickpea flour (besan )
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ – ¾ tsp black salt (kala namak)
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
Sieve the chickpea flour into a bowl. Add water gradually and mix well, so that there are no lumps. Add tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, green chillies, black salt and mix well.
Heat an iron tawa (griddle) on medium heat and spread a thick layer of batter on it. As soon as bubbles appear, cover and cook until the underside is done. Now, turn it over and cook for a few minutes or until the other side is equally done. Serve hot with ketchup.