- 1 large green cabbage
- 1 cup grated unpeeled carrots
- 1 cup grated unpeeled beetroot
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
Peel off the cabbage leaves one by one, keeping them whole. Boil water in a large pot. Turn off the heat and soak the leaves in the water and leave them in for a few minutes to soften.
In a bowl, take carrot and beetroot. Add onion, coconut, salt and ginger-green chilli paste. Mix well. Flatten the cabbage leaves and trim any hard stems. Spread the carrot beetroot mixture over the cabbage leaves and roll tightly. Cut into 2” long pieces and serve.