A wholesome minestrone soup
This wonderful soup is a great meal replacer and can be had as your lunch or dinner. Filled with the goodness of tomatoes, vegetables and beans blended with the taste of basil, it's a must-try.
- 100 gm spinach, coarsely chopped
- ½ a head white cabbage, cut into fairly thin strips
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 100 gm any kind of beans
- 300 gm fresh peas
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 medium-small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, minced
- a small bunch parsley, minced
- 1/3 pound short pasta (either hollow or long flat pasta, crumbled)
- 1 to 2 tbsp vegan pesto
- 2 quarts water
Wash the vegetables well. Combine the minced celery, parsley, onion and garlic and sauté them until the onion is a light golden colour. Lightly salt 2 quarts of water and keep on fire; when the pot comes to a boil add the spinach, cabbage, beans, peas, tomatoes, potatoes and zucchini. Stir the onion mixture into the pot and simmer everything for about 45 mins.
Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon, mash them with a fork or a potato ricer, and return them to the minestrone together with the pasta; continue simmering until the pasta is done. Remove the pot from the fire, stir in the pesto sauce and serve.
Food for the mind
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
If you love Facebook, then join us to be supported on your plant based journey. Since 1 January, 2016, we have been offering three possibilities
1. SHARAN India This is SHARAN's main Facebook page which you can like and follow for getting useful daily updates and news from the plant based health world. You will also get news about the latest SHARAN events, see testimonials, and more.
2. SHARAN's Vegan Support Group This is an open support group to know more about vegan/plant-based lifestyle. Here you can ask questions and share inspiring stories, tips, recipes, etc.
3. SHARAN's Plant Powered Health This is the new group only for the past attendees of SHARAN's events: seminars, cooking classes, retreats or longer programs.
All our doctors and presenters will be here to answer your questions and give you tips. If you have attended our events join this group to be a part of our family.
Please like the main SHARAN page and join the group(s) applicable to you.