Rainbow Salad with Creamy Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
Raw is one of the best ways to tap in the sun's energy. The day we eat more raw foods and less of cooked meals, we can actually feel a spurt of energy. Well, its simply because we have got the sun's energy from the raw and since we have eaten less cooked food, we have used less energy for digestion.
This yummy salad is not only pleasing to the palate but to the eyes as well as it's replete with nature's colours.
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup each shredded red, green and yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup coiled green peas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped white and red horse raddish
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped green and yellow zucchini
- 1/4 cup each red and yellow cherry tomato halves
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp date paste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and chill for 1 hour. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a blender with a little water to get the dressing consistency. Toss the salad with the dressing and garnish with chopped parsley and sunflower seeds and serve.
Food for the mind
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
If you love Facebook, then join us to be supported on your plant based journey. Since 1 January, 2016, we have been offering three possibilities
1. SHARAN India This is SHARAN's main Facebook page which you can like and follow for getting useful daily updates and news from the plant based health world. You will also get news about the latest SHARAN events, see testimonials, and more.
2. SHARAN's Vegan Support Group This is an open support group to know more about vegan/plant-based lifestyle. Here you can ask questions and share inspiring stories, tips, recipes, etc.
3. SHARAN's Plant Powered Health This is the new group only for the past attendees of SHARAN's events: seminars, cooking classes, retreats or longer programs.
All our doctors and presenters will be here to answer your questions and give you tips. If you have attended our events join this group to be a part of our family.
Please like the main SHARAN page and join the group(s) applicable to you.