Check out this easy-peasy recipe. Homemade granola bars don’t have preservatives and can fill you up at any time!
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raw almonds / walnuts / pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pitted and tightly packed down dates
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (roasted or raw)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (ground or whole)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- ¼ cup date paste
- ¼ cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
Toast oats and almonds in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C (350 °F) for 13 – 15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown. Process the dates in a food processor, until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should be of a “dough”-like consistency.
Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl. Add seeds and keep aside.
Warm the date paste, coconut butter and peanut or almond butter in a small saucepan, over low heat. Stir and pour over the oats mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout. Use a spoon or your hands to thoroughly mix. Transfer to an 8″ x 8″ dish, or any other small pan lined with parchment paper, so that they can be easily taken out.
Cover with parchment paper and press down firmly with something flat, such as a book, to get them really packed tight. This will help them from being crumbly. Chill in the refrigerator or freezer, for 15 – 20 minutes to harden.
Remove the slab from the dish and cut neatly into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
Food For The Mind
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
If you love Facebook, then join us to be supported on your plant based journey. We are offering two possibilities
1. SHARAN India is SHARAN’s main Facebook page which you can like and follow for getting useful daily updates and news from the plant based health world. You will also get news about the latest SHARAN events, see testimonials, and more.
2. SHARAN’s Vegan Support Group is an open support group to know more about vegan/plant-based lifestyle. Here you can ask questions and share inspiring stories, tips, recipes, etc.
All our doctors and presenters will be here to answer your questions and give you tips. If you have attended our events join this group to be a part of our family.
Please like the main SHARAN page and join the group(s) applicable to you.