Coconut Lime Cheese Cake (Raw)
Even cheesecake can be made without dairy and sugar!! Do try this delicious recipe.
Ingredients for the Crust
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut (desiccated coconut)
- ½ cup dates, pitted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp unrefined salt
Ingredients for the Filling
- 1 cup coconut/cashew/ almond milk
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked for 3-4 hours in double the quantity of water, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup date paste
- ⅔ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅛ tsp unrefined salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut butter
Ingredients for the Garnish
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (desiccated coconut)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 lime, sliced (optional)
To prepare the crust, in a food processor pulse the almonds and coconut together into a fine flour. Add the dates, vanilla extract and salt. Pulse again a few times, until the mixture begins to clump together. Transfer to a parchment lined 9″ springform pan, spread out evenly and press down firmly. Place in the refrigerator to set, while you prepare the filing.
In a blender, place all the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
Pour the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with shredded coconut, lime zest and lime slices (if using).
In the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
This recipe uses many nuts. Please keep your nut limit in mind if you are working on disease reversal.
Food For The Mind
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
If you love Facebook, then join us to be supported on your plant based journey. We are offering two possibilities
1. SHARAN India is SHARAN’s main Facebook page which you can like and follow for getting useful daily updates and news from the plant based health world. You will also get news about the latest SHARAN events, see testimonials, and more.
2. SHARAN’s Vegan Support Group is an open support group to know more about vegan/plant-based lifestyle. Here you can ask questions and share inspiring stories, tips, recipes, etc.
All our doctors and presenters will be here to answer your questions and give you tips. If you have attended our events join this group to be a part of our family.
Please like the main SHARAN page and join the group(s) applicable to you.