Recipe – Sunny Spread
SHARAN participant Neepa Joshi shared this amazing recipe with moms during our Mother’s Day initiative of sending out an interesting and healthy recipe a day for 30 days.
Sunflower seeds are packed with the sun’s goodness. Sprinkle them on salads or make this yummy spread which is so easy to whip up too!
Ingredients: (organic ones are always the best)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (soaked for 6 to 8 hours)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup chopped celery or coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp roasted peanut powder or white sesame seeds
- Fresh juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup basil leaves or tulsi
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 or 2 light green chillies (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
Blend all the above ingredients. Serve with cucumber and carrot sticks, or use it as a sandwich spread or salad dressing.
Food for the mind
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
If you love Facebook, then join us to be supported on your plant based journey. we are offering two possibilities
1. SHARAN India This is SHARAN’s main Facebook page which you can like and follow for getting useful daily updates and news from the plant based health world. You will also get news about the latest SHARAN events, see testimonials, and more.
2. SHARAN’s Vegan Support Group This is an open support group to know more about vegan/plant-based lifestyle. Here you can ask questions and share inspiring stories, tips, recipes, etc.
All our doctors and presenters will be here to answer your questions and give you tips. If you have attended our events join this group to be a part of our family.
Please like the main SHARAN page and join the group(s) applicable to you.