- 200 gm jackfruit (kathal) chopped into 1 inch pieces.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- ½ tbsp kasoori methi
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts, soaked for four hours
Drain the water from the cashews. Wash them well. pulse in a grinder with a little bit of water to form a thick smooth paste. Keep half the paste aside. Add salt and pepper to the other half, mix jackfruit pieces and cover. Leave aside for one hour to marinate.
Take 3 tomatoes, 1 onion and blend them. Take 1/5 cups of water in a wok/kadhai. When it heats up, add the tomato- onion paste to it, bring it to boil and lower the flame. Keep cooking, ensuring it does not burn. This will take about 20 – 25 minutes. You will know it is done when the paste is thick, the bottom of the kadhai is shiny and the paste is not at all sticking to it.
Steam the remaining tomato for 3 minutes and blend it. Add it to the cooked tomato onion gravy. Add the remaining cashew cream along with salt and pepper. Add water if required to make a thick gravy (same consistency as a tomato ketchup).
Roast the marinated jackfruit in the oven at 200 degrees C for approx 15 minutes, till the edges are slightly more browned than the rest. Add the jackfruit to the gravy and let it cook for 5-10 minutes. Add kasoori methi after 10 minutes and let all the flavors merge.
Serve with naan or kulcha.
Serves 1 – 2
Food for the mind
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
If you love Facebook, then join us to be supported on your plant based journey. Since 1 January, 2016, we have been offering three possibilities
1. SHARAN India This is SHARAN's main Facebook page which you can like and follow for getting useful daily updates and news from the plant based health world. You will also get news about the latest SHARAN events, see testimonials, and more.
2. SHARAN's Vegan Support Group This is an open support group to know more about vegan/plant-based lifestyle. Here you can ask questions and share inspiring stories, tips, recipes, etc.
3. SHARAN's Plant Powered Health This is the new group only for the past attendees of SHARAN's events: seminars, cooking classes, retreats or longer programs.
All our doctors and presenters will be here to answer your questions and give you tips. If you have attended our events join this group to be a part of our family.
Please like the main SHARAN page and join the group(s) applicable to you.